- I was actually worried that I wouldn't know my password to the blog. That's sad.
- 9:15 AM here and the household has long-since settled back into a stupor. Christmas morning lasted from about 6:30 - 7:30.
- Delighted to report that I have my two Christmas breakfast standards: the cheeseball my mom used to make, and cranberry-orange bread. Of course, the cheeseball recipe has been reduced to 3 critical ingredients that don't need measuring, and it's just spooned into dishes now, not carefully molded like Mother did. Oh, and the cranberry bread? From a mix, I'm afraid, with a healthy handful of pecans added.
- Both are acceptable alternatives to the labor-intensive versions. Delicious, even. (Not that I wouldn't welcome the real things.)
- Last night was spent around the bagna cauda again, as last year. If you don't remember what that stuff if, you could look it up. It's good, in a once-a-year kind of way.
- We also played taboo, and even Rose did a great job for her team.
- For the evening party, Rose insisted on wearing her fancy dress, tights and new dress shoes. Then she earnestly turned to me and asked, "Can I choose my own jewels?" She had plenty to choose from, thanks to her Aunt Teenie, and loaded on several necklaces and a couple of bracelets. She stopped short of a tiara but we put a giant bow on her hair.
- My throat hurts, in a raw way like I've been shouting. And smoking glass shards.
- There has been a guilty throat here in the household for a couple of weeks and I think it's spreading.
- Rose sounded suspiciously hoarse this morning and said her throat felt a little weird.
- The Avalanche tickets I got for Andy will have to be passed on to someone else. I bought them before he was gainfully employed.
- That's right, gainfully employed. At a movie theater. We are all very happy about this.
- Grades? So far acceptable.
- No point in trying to catch up from September. We are happy here on Christmas Day, and hope you are too.
Sunday, December 25, 2011
September 10 is Long Gone
Posted by Laurie at 9:27 AM