Friday, March 14, 2008

The Truth of the Matter

Sometimes our parental pow-wows (I'm sure you know what I mean) have to take place by e-mail or cell phone. We had a big face to face one this morning before the kids were up, both in our pjs. It was important information that Dad had, and Mom needed. By the time all of the angles were discussed, it was time for us to be driving away.

Unfortunately, we were in our pjs.

The point here is, I found myself putting on makeup in the car. Driving. It wasn't completely dangerous- I just brush on mineral powder foundation, which is hard to mess up. Then in the drive-through at Macdonald's (breakfast of champions), I got the lipstick and eyeliner on. Then as I headed east on Colfax, I was gently brushing on the most neutral of eyeshadows.

This, I realize, is ridiculous. First of all, if it's so neutral, who cares if I'm wearing it? And second, bad idea to put pointy things up to your eye while driving.

THIRD OF ALL, I was driving along with my LEFT eye shut, while brushing the shadow onto my RIGHT eye.

huh.

1 comment:

cb said...

Okay--any reason you can't just put your makeup on at school when you walk in the door?

I never do the "in the car" application. I'm terrified I'm going to have an accident. I've been known to put on my makeup at school, blow dry and use the curling iron on my hair at school... I don't do it often, but it's been done.