Sunday, March 23, 2008

Taxing

Taxes, that is. Are taxing. Where are my receipts from the Christmas gifts for the, um, seven anonymous children in need? Did I donate to my alma mater in 2007?

Years ago, when my father-in-law was going to do our taxes, I had carefully placed my pertinent mail into the tax booklet that the government sent. Then when his father called because he needed more documents, Peter asked me where my w-4 form was. I knew RIGHT where it was, because I had been so practical and organized! Turns out that since P's dad was going to be doing the taxes on-line, Peter had thrown away the booklet. When Peter found out that HE had thrown it away, he said to his father, and I am not making this up, "She thinks it's lost."

Peter is a good man in many ways. As you may remember, he single-handedly prepared our taxes AND refinanced our house a year ago.

However, he will never, ever be allowed to forget that pansy-ass remark to his dad.

No comments: