Saturday, March 21, 2009

tunnel vision

You know when you get so insanely busy that all you can see is the one obligation right in front of you? Next month, next week, tomorrow, THIS AFTERNOON- all filled with pressing obligations, but you're in a narrow canyon, desperately trying to navigate the whitewater that is NOW.

And then, throw in real life: this one has a fever; that one needs her brain pressure checked; this new student is, well, feral really, to say nothing of filthy, filthy dirty; CSAP is a nonnegotiable; the planning for next year can't wait because we have to decide how to staff our building; the PTO at the children's school has a skeleton crew of about 5, but it has 28,000 dollars to spend, but the PTO at my school still has to raise, chocolate rose by chocolate rose, 1/3 of the $18,000 we projected for this year.

A certain grade level team can't seem to get their science supplies ordered and send me crisis after crisis all year long but don't seem to learn and then come to me on the DAY that they need to start RAISING BUTTERFLY LARVAE. The classified staff needs more training in working with our gifted kids, but since they can't get substitutes to cover their outside duties, it's difficult to send them to workshops.

Well. I'm assuming most of this is incomprehensible to you, but it's making me feel better. I think I'll go work on one of my obligations.

Miss you.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Ah, Laurie. I wondered where you'd been and now I know. Ick. I'd wave my magic wand to fix it all for you, but I can't seem to find it in the clutter that is my home. Spring break officially ends tomorrow.