Tuesday, June 10, 2008

News from the Orient!




This is pretty cute, huh? This is the grandma of Andy's host family. He's staying with the same family which hosted Peter 4 years ago. Peter tells me that this little grandma held Peter's hand whenever he was around- she would just grab him and hang on. Apparently Andy has taken some defensive measures...?

I am so proud of the plan he has for her gift. We sent the two sons T-shirts of Colorado sports teams (one of which, I see, he has APPROPRIATED) and a photo album of Peter in Japan and Etsuya (oldest son) here in Colorado for the parents. For the grandma, though, I didn't know what to send! When I was pondering this aloud, Andy told me he already had a plan: he would get Jo Anne to help him buy some sake to honor her ancestors. I think that's a very thoughtful gift- I hope it will be meaningful to her.

2 comments:

Einstein's Relative said...

For that reason alone, it was the best thing for him to go on the trip.

Love,
Liz

Angela said...

I LOVE the picture--it tells so many different stories.

Andy is so tall, and she is so short.

And sake. Love sake. I didn't know it had history.

Getting close to 100 degrees here and looking forward to the mountains!

xxxooo