Sunday, March 30, 2008

Schuyler's Monster

Dear Rob,

Our little girl has Dandy Walker syndrome, with verbal apraxia and a bunch of sensory and motor problems. Dandy Walker syndrome is a brain malformation. Hers was discovered via MRI when she was almost 5 years old. This was after years of therapies, research and tentative diagnoses...

I found your blog yesterday, went to B and N and bought your book- my husband and I read parts of it there in the store, passing it back and forth without comment, just tears and chills.

I am not a stalker or a freak. I just want you to know that I will be featuring your book in my book club within the next few months, and that finding you and your breathtakingly beautiful Schuyler has made my world seem a little smaller. Thank you for your honesty and courage.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I read the Good Housekeeping article about Schuyler about a month ago, and at that time checked out Rob's blog. Now I need to get the book. He has an incredible ability to tell their story...and so to tell ours.

Einstein's Relative said...

I can hardly wait to read it! Must get a copy and shuffle through The Sun Also Rises first.

Liz