Sunday, December 2, 2007

Elf Notes

I worked very hard this weekend to make crafts for my son's youth ambassador group. They still have about 15,000 dollars to earn BEFORE JUNE. So. One notepad at a time.





I know you can't really tell how ADORABLE these are. I'm not one of the photographer bloggers, sadly. These are 3x3 sticky notes in little book covers. I covered the elf ones with text and illustrations from a Clark's Teaberry Chewing Gum bonus book from 1941. THEY ARE ADORABLE. They kill me.

I sold them for $4 each. Another mom from the ambassador group bought 9 of them. Ha! We buy all of the crafts, spaghetti dinner tickets, silent auction items and lawn work. Why don't we parents just go ahead and write the checks for the airplane tickets? Because the fund-raising is so entertaining, that's why.

Oh, hey, here's Mr. Authentic Teenager, blowing out 13 candles. This was shortly before he and his buddy went to a GIRL'S 13th birthday party that started at SEVEN O'CLOCK at night. So weird. Where are his little footy pajamas? Where is his little pacifier?
And you, you're wondering, "Where's his CAKE?" Well, it was a brownie pyramid for your information, with peppermint ice cream and chocolate syrup. It was fabulous.

And finally, if you are one of the privileged few who read the phantom post, "Mrs. Fragile Pants," I haven't changed my mind. I've just taken down the post.

2 comments:

Nell said...

I saw the post...hee. I woulda been mad too.

cb said...

You already know how I feel.

And thanks again for helping me pack stuff up on Sunday. You're the best...as always.