Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day

If only I had dropped off anonymous baskets of flowers around the neighborhood.  No, the best I can say about today is that the lawn is being mowed- surely a good sign.  Also, it snowed some yesterday but did not stick.

Rose, the almost-ten-year-old and frankly-scary-packrat is working right now with the professional organizer who has been attached to the family for several months.  As she likes to say, we can't afford NOT to get organized, but in answer to your question, yes, it's kind of expensive.  The 15 hour contract is running out after today, but I will reschedule.  My own tendency is to avoid the work, so having someone arrive every few weeks has really been worthwhile.

In other news... there isn't much.  I did not get up to watch the royal wedding.  I have not been birdwatching or made any new art.  Although I don't feel much like reviewing it here, I have read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and recommend it.  I have finished a class for 3 semester hours and nearly finished another, but will probably stop after this one, for a while.  School is out in just over 2 weeks.  Next year I will work at a district level job.

No comments: