Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just coming up for air

Here at the local coffee house, availing myself of their free internet. Andy has been accepted onto the summer "C" baseball team at his new high school, so we have 2 games this afternoon. It's Rose's turn to choose our family activity for this Sunday, and she chose the coffee house. She's outside on the patio, drawing butterflies and cutting them out. After this, we'll pop down to the children's museum.

I have lines of canker sores inside each of my cheeks, and the pain is pretty much controlling my days. I've used an oral rinse which has always helped in the past, some slippery elm lozenges which supposedly speed the healing, and Advil. So far, the Advil is the only thing that seems to impact it at all. I'm sure you're fascinated...

The kids JUST finished school, so I've been involved this past week with PTO commitments, teacher gifts, last minute errands with the special ed department, seeking letters from Andy's teachers, as he will be changing districts. Had art club yesterday, which was an embroidery class. Some of the stitches were so challenging, I could practically feel new neural connections forming. This coming week is book club, an outing with Rose's bio relatives, and more baseball.

No comments: