Saturday, April 4, 2009

Eye Rolling

Denver Storm Canceled.

Well, they can't get them all right. The last storm was real. This one fell apart. After a bunch of high schools canceled their proms, and a bunch of airlines reorganized their flights, we awakened to a light dusting.

Spring break is wrapping up. I have a problem with vacations, which I think I've mentioned here before. It's the buildup- the idea that here, finally, is a precious block of time, filled with possibilities, freedom- that makes the reality such a let down. I always have to create some kind of a list of accomplishments in order to feel any satisfaction at all at the end of a break. I've read a TON of great books, and I've painted a new set of dishes for our family. I've done a lot of work for the PTA at my kids' school. I've attended an important and very draining meeting to plan for Rose's education. (sigh) I've worked on some art. I've lost some more weight. I've spent a lot of time with my family. I've taken a nap almost every day.

I'll carry on starting on Monday.

1 comment:

Angela said...

It sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation!

xxooxo