Thursday, October 30, 2008

Land O' Plenty

Has anyone out there successfully simplified? Stopped shopping for recreation? Said "no" to one more event or contribution of time? Pared down their wardrobe to 10 hardworking pieces? Stopped sampling hobbies and truly refined one of them? Taken a cold and hard-eyed look at the contents of their bookshelves? Please help me.

I have been working in the basement. I filled up a garbage bag with barely touched skin, hair and makeup products. I had two unopened boxes of at-home hair coloring. I had two bottles of specialty shampoo, for when I had red hair. I had a gloss spray that I used once and which is apparently aerosol oil. I had glass bottles of bath salts. I had 4 or 5 bright red lipsticks, 3 or 4 foundation products in tones that made my face look dirty, and some solidified nail polishes.

We have a truckload of stuff to donate. We come up with truckloads of stuff to donate every couple of months. How? It's probably related to shopping for recreation.

I make myself crazy...

No comments: