Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Old...92?

Going to my grampa's 92nd (I think? I know more than 90...) birthday party today. He still drives, sharp as a tack, hearing and eyesight fine, great sense of humor. I know I am so lucky. His wife (my paternal grandma) died very young- before she was 50. My other grandparents died at 80 and 83- still pretty good!
Got up early to cross paths with a very good friend who was flying out of our airport to go back home to Boston. Jeez, security at orange now. You can't see them off any more. You can't go to the gates and wave at them. You just have this weird, awkward decision to make: do I stand around and watch them recede and approach repeatedly as they zigzag through the security lines, or do I just leave?
Kids start back to school tomorrow, so this weekend was obligatory shoe shopping.
Other than that, no news but a sore throat. My teammate got sick within the first 4 days of school, and at least 5 students have colds. A different 4 started throwing up last week. That'll teach us to start school August 7th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! August 7th?? Seriously, that stinks! I thought August 22nd was bad. Are you year round or something? All the schools in MI are going back to the old schedule of starting after labor day. Wouldn't that be nice?